Forest School and outdoor learning sessions
We work with Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Special Schools, Community Groups, Private Organisations, Charities and Individuals providing blocks of Forest School sessions or one-off events.
Rooted Forest School can offer a range of sessions and activities tailored to suit your needs.
This can include:
- Liaising with landowners such as the Woodland Trust to develop new sites
- Risk assessing sites and activities including high risk activities such as fire and tool use
- Developing management plans for sites to ensure the sustainability of projects
- Creating policies and procedures including an emergency plan
- Maintaining and servicing tools and equipment
- Planning blocks of sessions and linking these plans to the school curriculum and learning goals
- Linking Outdoor Learning with history sessions to bring the learning to life e.g. Stone Age, Saxons, Vikings.
- Evaluating sessions including gathering feedback from participants and feeding this into future planning
- Safeguarding children and young people and ensuring their safety
We can offer one to one sessions or small group work. We also offer sessions for children/young people to attend with a parent. For a small extra charge we can collect and drop off young people attending one to one sessions.