Forest School and outdoor learning sessions
We work with Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Special Schools, Community Groups, Private Organisations, Charities and Individuals providing blocks of Forest School sessions or one-off events.
Rooted Forest School can offer a range of sessions and activities tailored to suit your needs.
Long term programmes
This can include:
- Liaising with landowners such as the Woodland Trust to develop new sites
- Risk assessing sites and activities including high risk activities such as fire and tool use
- Developing management plans for sites to ensure the sustainability of projects
- Creating policies and procedures including an emergency plan
- Maintaining and servicing tools and equipment
- Planning blocks of sessions and linking these plans to the school curriculum and learning goals
- Linking Outdoor Learning with history sessions to bring the learning to life e.g. Stone Age, Saxons, Vikings.
- Evaluating sessions including gathering feedback from participants and feeding this into future planning
- Safeguarding children and young people and ensuring their safety
We are flexible in our approach to working with schools, so can either deliver sessions from one of our existing sites or come to you and establish a Forest School site near to your setting. Contact us for a chat!
We can offer one to one sessions or small group work. We also offer sessions for children/young people to attend with a parent. For a small extra charge we can collect and drop off young people attending one to one sessions.
We offer a range of themed, one-day, schools trips from a variety of woodland sites in Herefordshire. These could include the following topics:
- Literacy Outdoors
- Maths in the Woods
- History - Stone Age; Vikings; Saxons; Historic Building and Design
- Investigative Science Outdoors
- Minibeast Madness
- Forest School Experience Days
We can also design a bespoke day around a specific topic you may be covering in school. All activities will be practical and hands-on to encourage a deep and rewarding learning experience for the children.
Prices start from £250 per day. Contact us for more information on this service.